- Log into your Squarespace account.
- Go to your website in Squarespace.
- You should see a menu on the left side of your screen like below. If you click “Settings”
4. Next click on “Advanced”
5. Next click “External Services”
6. You should see the position for your Google Analytics number. Now we need to get this number from Google Analytics.
7. Open a new tab in your browser and Log into Google Analytics
8. Now click Admin at the bottom of the left side of the page navigation (see below).
9. Now click “tracking Info” and that will open up additional selections.
10. Now click “Tracking Code”
11. You should copy or write down your GA tracking ID (NOT the one in the image below as that number is used by Google and won’t give you data). You will have a unique number of you have followed the instructions above.
12. Now go back to the tab in your browser where Squarespace was left open.
13. Enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID into the box in Squarespace.
14. Don’t forget to click SAVE at the TOP LEFT of the screen.
15. To test that it’s working, go to your website and open a page or refresh a page.
16. Next, go to the tab you had Google Analytics open in and click the little house on the navigation on the left as per below. If the code is working correctly you should see the blue graph show live data as you go through different pages on your website.
Want to know more about Google Analytics? Try our Google Analytics section in our Omology Guide.